Alpinestars Supertech 10 Anaheim 19 Limited Edition Helmet
Mentally and physically demanding, the worlds best Supercross athletes will be locked in an intense season-long fight for supremacy, and to celebrate the start of this battle royale, Alpinestars has launched the Limited Edition Anaheim 19 Tech 10 boot and Supertech M10 helmet.
The most technologically advanced and protective motocross boot in history, the CE-certified Tech 10 is unrivaled. Featuring an eye-catching red, black and fluorescent yellow color scheme, as worn by Justin Barcia, Eli Tomac and Jason Anderson at the meeting, the Anaheim 19 allows Supercross fans to wear the same boots on their local track as their heroes.
The Anaheim 19 boots are complemented by the Anaheim 19 S-M10 helmet, Alpinestars definitive off-road helmet. Designed to be the most advanced, protective and performance enhancing helmet possible, the S-M10 blends comfort, light weight, ventilation and the highest levels of protection in a sleek, streamlined package. The Anaheim 19 boasts all of the technical innovations and design features of the class defining S-M10; A-head fitting system, patented visor release system, MIPS, emergency release system, wide aperture; in the distinct red, black and fluorescent yellow styling that is guaranteed to stand out from the crowd.
- Safety: Supertech M10 Construction.
- 3K Carbon, high density carbon outer layer that improves strength and efficiency of energy dissipation over the shell.
- Uni-directional carbon composite layer that gives significantly greater radial strength around the shell, preventing compression but allowing controlled deflection for reducing transmitted impact energy.
- Aramid fiber layer which provides critical penetration protection.
- This combination of layers is given even greater performance with an epoxy resin bonding that offers the best possible strength and energy management; limited outer shell deflection means the energy spreads wider and is better absorbed by the EPS liner.
- The result of the unique shell lay-up process employed in the S-M10 construction results in extremely effective impact protection. With a fully equipped helmet testing facility, within Alpinestars Racing Development Center, an exhaustive impact research program has resulted in the Supertech M10 returning linear and oblique impact performance which far improves upon current helmet regulation standard limits. For direct, linear, impact by an average magnitude of 41% and for rotational acceleration, oblique, impact performance by an average of 48%.
- S-M10 in four anatomical shell sizes.
- The Supertech M10 shell construction is optimized to offer best fit across the range of four size options. Shell sizes are manufactured in small, medium, large and extra-large to ensure that riders have the correct fit which not only improves comfort but, most importantly, the effectiveness of the helmet in an impact.
- The Supertech M10 liner construction combines with the shell to offer highly efficient impact energy management.
- Formed with a multi-density EPS polymer, the energy absorbing layer gives an inner helmet profile which soaks up impact forces dissipated over the outer shell at the point of an impact and provides a shape offering a close and comfortable fit.
- The energy absorption performance of the S-M10 is substantially improved by a four section construction that allows for specific densities of polymer to be prepared for different zones around the helmet lining. Not only is energy performance improved but also fit and comfort.
- Patented A-Head fitting height and angle adjustment system.
- The Supertech M10 incorportes a patented system to allow the helmet to be tuned exactly to the riders preference for the height and angle at which the helmet sits on the head. This unique technology allows for an ultra-specific set-up that can be adapted for the type of riding and the riders preference.
- With a micro-adjustable pad that is connected to the helmet inner shell, it is possible to raise or lower the helmet fit and also, to tilt the helmet forward, or backwards.
- Unique, patented, visor release system is another key attribute incorporated into the design of the Supertech M10.
- Visor release is a key part of overall protection performance in the helmet and a major influence on the distinctive, flush, design of the outer shell profile.
- Alpinestars has developed a unique visor release system which, while ensuring the mounting is held securely in place for riding over the most extreme terrain and any track conditions, provides exactly the right level of resistance to ensure the visor detatches from the helmet shell if it is subjected to a significant impact no matter what the angle.
- The S-M10 visor release mechanism is conceived to avoid the inherent weaknesses in other types of anchoring systems. Maintaining shell integrity is vital for safety and with the possibility of multi-directional forces impacting on the visor, separation at the critical point of loading reduces potentially damaging leverage and rotational accelerations that refer injury to the riders neck and spine.
- Ventilation is a key feature of the Supertech M10.
- Heat mapping tests have resulted in specifically designed ducting which produces a positive flow into the helmet over and around the riders head,improving comfort while riding and reducing the on-set of heat stress in extreme conditions.
- The visor design of the S-M10 is also an integral part of the ventilation system as it is profiled to direct airflow, acting as a channel to concentrate and smooth the flow into the shell. The Supertech M10 liner design is formed to optimize airflow channeling around the riders head before being extracted from the S-M10 through rear exhaust vents to ensure positive pressure is maintained with constant airflow while riding.
- Hydration system compatibility.
- The Supertech M10 helmet lining design includes canals which allow a tube to be incorporated on either side of the shell. This is a feature extensively tested by Alpinestars rally raid and enduro riders enabling convenient fitting and connection to a hydration system.
- Interior lining comfort.
- Removable liner cover is washable and features a cool-max fabric interior and anti-bacterial talent yarn for long-lasting freshness and quick-dry performance between riding sessions.
- Helmet features TPE coating washable surfaces to improve maintenance and increase durability.
- Additional cheek pad set offering increased thickness of +5mm, for tighter fit adjustment available separately.
- Collarbone protection is an important design feature of the Supertech M10 helmet shell base profile.
- The base of the S-M10 has been sculpted to give a relief section, where the bottom profile is raised to clear the collarbone (Clavicle). Also, incorporated into the area of the base pad, where it sits over the riders collarbone, is an energy absorbtion pad; a more flexible compound rubber section which allows deflection when it contacts the Clavicle.
- The Supertech M10 chin-bar is formed with polypropylene which, by allowing for a degree of lateral deflection, further improves impact protection for the collarbones.
- Post-crash protection mechanisms are also a key feature of the Supertech M10 design, allowing rapid and safe intervention if the rider has suffered a major impact.
- Multi-Directional Impact Protection System: MIPS.
- MIPS is incorporated into the Supertech M10 to reduce rotational motion energies that impact the helmet causing damaging gyration force to be transmitted to the brain.
- A low friction slip layer is incorporated into the Supertech M10 helmet, between the comfort padding layer and the multi-density polymer energy absorption shell. When energy is impacted upon the helmet, causing a rotation force, the MIPS layer allows for movement of the inner absorbtion layer to damp and re-direct the energy before causing significant acceleration stress to the brain. This mitigates the causes of brain injuries, such as concussion.
- Emergency Release System (ERS).
- The side cheek padding of the S-M10 can be extracted efficiently and safely, while the helmet is still on the riders head, to allow ease of removal by trackside support and medical staff.
- The Supertech M10 is also designed to allow a helmet Eject inflation system to be fitted into the inside crown of the shell.
- Along with the ERS padding removal, Eject allows for emergency removal of the helmet, without putting load on the riders spine.
- Chin-strap: Wider than certification requirement: 26 mm for comfort and produced with a woven poly yarn to give a soft hand feel that connects securely with a double D-ring.
- Weight: Reduced by design while allowing the Supertech M10 protection to be class-leading.
- Weight is both a factor in riding performance and safety in a helmet and to ensure the S-M10 offers the ultimate in weight saving performance enhancement, the material selection, preparation and construction of the helmet has been rigorously analysed for weight to strength and energy absorbtion properties and a strict analysis of all the components used in the Supertech M10 finishing.
- Weight of S-M10 is 1240g for size Medium (ECE) - 1340g for size Medium (DOT)
- The Supertech M10 Certifications.
- The Supertech M10 helmet versions conform to both DOT certification and ECE homologation for use worldwide.
- The DOT 218 standard prescribes specific impact penetration protection over the crown of the helmet area and hence, for the US and Canada markets, the Supertech M10 will feature technology that substantially exceedes the minimum safety requirements.
Shipping weight: 5.25 lbs
Shipping size (L x W x H): 12.00 x 16.00 x 12.00 inches
UPC Code: 8059175002205
Made in CN
Sold as: EA
Fitment information not available for this item